As moms across the world finish up celebrating their ONE sacred day of the year, I was inspired to blog about the ‘dark’ times that not only flex our true mommy muscles, but often outweigh the fond memories! In all honesty, it is these memories that actually provide laughter for years to come – both for moms and their kids….and their grandkids!
The root of these sacred memories are actually when moms are madder than a wet hen! And of course, our children are the persons of interest for these crimes…or more realistically, the tried and true villains!
If you grew up in the South, then your knees were shakin’ when you heard any of these ten phrases!
- I’ll give you something to cry about!
- I’m gonna set your tail on fire!
- Go play in the road!
- You better run faster than my green beans!
- I’ll wash your mouth out with soap if you say that again!
- You do that again and you won’t be able to sit down for a week!
- You’re cruisin’ for a bruisin’!
- I hope you have kids just like you!
- I brought you into this world and I can take you out!
- Wait ’til Daddy gets home!
To be honest, my kids often hear the threat that I’ll take them out and make another one look just like you – don’t believe me, look at your brother! Even my babysitter took a switch to my behind on a regular basis. And you know what? We all turned out just fine! Yes, it’s nice to be celebrated for all that we do for our children, but this blog is about surviving! So the real celebration – the true miracle – is when us and our young all have strong vitals at the end of every day!
So all of you strong moms out there, keep up the good work! Surviving is the number one priority!
Did I forget any of the infamous phrases used by our parents when we tested the very fibers of their beings? If so, comment below and we will add it to the list!
Happy Mother’s Day 2018!